Pick which ever one is easier for you
assignment is to write a short paper in which you will discuss and defend your opinion on one of the following topics:
1. In any government dedicated to republican principles (equality, liberty, universalism [as opposed to nationalism or tribalism]), there exists the need to balance the competing forces of equality and liberty. On some occasions, when no absolute balance is possible, a decision will have to be made preferencing one over the other. Assume that you are a government official, a legislator or judge perhaps. You confront a situation in which you must decide whether equality or liberty is more important. Remembering the ideals of a republic noted above, which will you choose and why?
2. Of the many approaches to existentialism which we discussed, three, in particular, make exceptionally interesting arguments about the meaning and purpose of human existence. First, atheist existentialism as represented by Albert Camus and Jean Paul Sartre. Second, phenomenological existentialism as introduced by Martin Heidegger. Third, religious existentialism as discussed by Gabriel Marcel and Miguel de Unamuno. Choose one of these three approaches and explain why you believe it is correct.
If you choose option 1, then you should (a) pick either equality or liberty and (b) explain why it should take priority over the other.
If you choose option 2, then you should (a) pick one of the three approaches to existentialism and (b) explain why you think it is correct.
Your paper should:
1. Be between 950 and 1100 words in length (this is approximately 3 – 4 pages). If the paper is less than 950 or more than 1250 words in length, you will lose points.
2. Have one inch margins all around and use 12 point, Times New Roman or Arial font.
3. Focus on making the best arguments possible. This is not a research paper, so you should not spend significant amounts of time studying various online or text sources. I am chiefly interested in your ability to coherently defend your opinion. Your conclusion is not as important as how well you are able to defend it.
4. If you choose option two, first, explain the basics of the theory that you chose. If you do not understand Heidegger, for example, there is no way that you will be able to write an effective defense of why you believe his approach is correct, because you cannot argue in favor of it if you do not understand it.
5. Avoid citations, since this is intended to be an original work that you, personally, craft. If you must use citations (from your textbook or other source), use them sparingly. I prefer Chicago-style citations, but I will accept MLA. DO NOT USE APA style citations!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more