Course Project: Research Paper
Objective | Guidelines | Milestones | Best Practices
Given a thesis statement, outline, notes, and resource materials, write a well-argued and well-supported research paper that incorporates accepted format and documentation guidelines.
Please review the following information. Your final research paper is not due until Week 8, but you should start preparing for it now.
The research paper will use the topic as the one you selected for the week 3 Position Paper. One of the issues explored in The Omnivore’s Dilemma will be the basis of your Position Paper. Remember that one of the points of The Omnivore’s Dilemma is that conventional wisdom about societal issues and challenges is often incorrect; consider this in your writing. The week 3 lecture has information about topics for the Position Paper.
Your research paper will be approximately 8 to 10 pages, not including your cover and references pages. Your topic will be the same as the one you’re chosen for your Position Paper during week 3. The APA (American Psychological Association) is the style required for the cover page, citations, paraphrasing and References.
You will begin writing the research paper in Week 4 (when you will write the proposal and outline); however, you should push yourself to conduct research in your chosen area from the beginning of the course.
The Final Research Paper must include the following:
· The Research Proposal and Outline, due at end of week 4 in the Dropbox, is worth 60 points and should be 1-2 pages.
· The Annotated Bibliography, due in the Dropbox at the end of week 5, is worth 100 points. It should contain five academic and verifiable sources and a two paragraph annotation for each of these.
· The First Draft of the Research Paper is due at the end of week 6 in the Dropbox. It consists of the first three sections of the final paper: the introduction and thesis statement; the problem, first reason; and the problem, second reason. A References page will also be included. This assignment is worth 60 points and should be 3-4 pages.
· The Presentation PowerPoint is due at the end of Week 7 to the Dropbox, and is worth 50 points.
· The Second Draft of the Research Paper is due to the second Discussion thread during Week 7 for peer reviewing. It should contain the remaining three sections of the final paper: the solution, first reason; the solution, second reason; and call to action.
· The Final Research Paper including References page, due in the Dropbox week 8, is worth 150 points and should be 8-10 pages.
Helpful Research Paper Info:
In Doc Sharing, you will find helpful documents for each assignment of the research paper. Document Formats help you with organizing your paper using the correct structure and format. Checklists are reminders of all the elements needed for specific assignments. The Checklists can also be used for peer reviews. There is also a sample research paper and PowerPoint format for the research paper presentation for week 8. Here is a list of these helpful documents:
APA Guidelines for Citing Sources
The APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition, is available at any bookstore or library. Since APA is used in ALL DeVry courses, you should be familiar with this style. Check DocSharing for documents that will help you better understand APA style. Also, you can examine the APA section of Chapter 28 to see examples of APA style citations. Finally, you can find tutorials and information regarding the use of APA in the Writing Resources section linked from the Student Resources page.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more