Assessment item 3
Length: 3,000 words
During your course you have undertaken a range of public relations subjects that include those dedicated to crisis management and internal communication.
This section of the subject requires you to critically examine a contemporary communication or PR issue and produce a report that is both scholastic in its style and rigour, and pertinent to practitioners in public relations/organisational communication. Before you start it is recommended you look at the PRism website (http:www.prismjournal.org/) for how to construct an article to a professional standard.
It is called ‘desk’ research because you should be able to conduct it from your desk through library and other searches. You are not expected to conduct primary field research such as surveys or interviews.
You should choose one research topic from the following list:
3. “Public relations is dead.” Consider this statement and research a paper that argues for or against the concept.
Your paper should be thoroughly researched. Your paper should always be backed by evidence with references to academic and/or industry literature.
It is essential that the standard of written expression in your industry paper is very high. Reports that contain grammatical or typographical errors will rate very poorly.
This assignment has been designed to assess your ability to:
◦ Research, synthesise and analyse a range of academic and other information sources in scholastic style
◦ Examine a contemporary communication issue
◦ Demonstrate integration and comparative skills of sourced information
◦ Critically analyse and communicate contemporary theory and practice
◦ Demonstrate expanded and creative thinking around future communication practices
Written presentation and style-5
◦ Professionalism of presentation including layout -2
◦ Quality of writing including clarity, succinctness, style and communication of argument-3
◦ Breadth, depth and selection of academic and other reading-5
◦ Citation accuracy and style-2
◦ Critical evaluation of sources-3
Content, structure and development-25
◦ Definition of key terms and clear statement of intent-5
◦ Development of a structure for the paper-5
◦ Review and analysis of literature and important concepts-5
◦ Review and analysis of practice-5
◦ Logical progression and development of argument/recommendation-5.
The assignment needs to be written as an academic essay. It should be written in prose with bullets used to highlight salient points. Use subheadings to structure your paper and aid communication.
Paper: A4 (single side printing) Font: 12 point Spacing: 1.5 Refer to the following websites for examples of how to present your paper:
PRism Online Journal: http://www.prismjournal.org/
Public Relations Review: (http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620188/description#description)
Australian Journal of Communication (http://emsah.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=20187&pid=5220)
Asia Pacific Public Relations Journal ( http://www.deakin.edu.au/arts-ed/apprj/vol5no2.php#7).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more